I found this recipe on Two Peas and their Pod and modified it just a little bit. Make these even if you are not a fan of coconut, they blend right into the dough and are really not there…lol.
1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups toffee bits (or caramel chips)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange coconut in a single layer on the pan. Bake for 5 minutes until coconut is lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
2. Chop toffees into small pieces, set aside. Whisk flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a larger bowl cream brown sugar and butter. Beat until creamy and smooth. Add in vanilla extract and the egg. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in coconut, toffee bits and chocolate chips.
4. Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto a prepared baking sheet, use parchment paper as it will be easy to get the cookies off of those 🙂
5. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the cookie sheet. When completely cooled peel the cookies of the parchment paper.
You might want to double the batch… 😉