This spinach artichoke dip is baked and best served warm. It is perfect as an appetizer when you’re hosting guests or to make a ahead as a quick weekend lunch.
- 1 (14-ounce) – (390g) can artichoke hearts (preferably without any leaves on them)
- ½ cup (ca. 150g) frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 cup (100g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (150g) shredded cheese (your choice: Montery Jack, Mexican, Emmenthaler)
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- dried basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain and chop artichoke bottoms, grate Parmesan and cream together the cream cheese and mayo (or sour cream).
2. Add spices and seasoning, cream some more then add the grated Parmesan.
3. Add thawed spinach, chopped artichoke hearts and combine with a wooden spoon. Spread into baking dish.
4. Sprinkle your preferred grated cheese and pop it in the 350ºF (176ºC) oven for about 20 minutes until cheese is golden.
Serve with slices french baguette.