Snickerdoodle cookies are some of Mike’s favorite so when I came across this recipe from Heather Christo, I had to try it – and it is a 5 star keeper!
- 1 cup soft butter (ca. 225g)
- 1 cup sugar (ca. 220 g)
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder (German Backpulver ca. 3g)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda (German Natron ca. 5g)
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar (German Weinsteinbackpulver ca. 4g)
- ½ teaspoon salt (ca. 3g)
- 1 cup sour cream (ca. 250g)
- ¼ cup buttermilk (ca. 50ml)
- ⅔ cup sugar (125g)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (10g)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC), put muffin liners in muffin tin.
2. Combine butter, sugar and mix until fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Then add flour, backing powder, backing soda, cream of tartar and salt until you get a crumbly mix.
4. Add sour cream and buttermilk and mix.
5. Blend topping ingredients.
6. Now it get’s messy (my favorite part). With your hands take a 2 tablespoon sized blob and drop it into the topping mix, then roll the dough ball until fully covered with cinnamon sugar.
7. Plop the sugared ball in to the cup and repeat. My balls were a little bit big and one of the muffins spilled all over my oven. So watch for your ball size 😉
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden on top. Enjoy!