Hot chocolate is my drink of choice for the Holiday season. What’s not to love, it’s chocolate, it’s sweet, and makes you feel warm from the inside…like love…well almost.
There is not much you can mess up when it comes to hot chocolate, but I do recommend you make it on the stove top using real milk (none of that non fat nonsense) and real cocoa powder (the baking kind). Just like with all things bad for you, if you are going to have it, you better make sure your “sin” is so worth it!
- 500 ml milk (2% or whole milk) (ca. 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-4 candy canes crushed
- 2 candy canes for decoration
1. Heat the milk over low heat, add the sugar and crushed peppermint and watch it all dissolve into a pink goodness.
2. Add the cocoa powder and using a whisk mix it in until dissolved and there are no more lumps.
3. Fill in cups and decorate the glass with candy canes.
Caution, this drink is hot 😉