Peppermint bark is a fun and easy Holiday treat that is perfect for gifts too. It is almost a non recipe as it has only 3 ingredients which are premade 🙂
- 200g good white chocolate (Lindt, Milka, Ghiradelli)
- 200g good dark chocolate
- 5 peppermint candy canes (crushed)
1. Crush the candy canes with a hammer or rolling pin, do it in the zip lock bag so the pieces don’t fly everywhere
2. Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring with a small fork in between until melted. Pour in into a wax or parchment paper lined dish.
3. Let this sit for at least an hour until top is somewhat dry. Then repeat step two with the white chocolate.
4. Sprinkle with the peppermint pieces and let it all sit to dry and harden in a cool place (basement).
5. The next day, when it is completely hard, chop it into small pieces, size and shape are up to you!
6. Place in air tight packaging (glass jars or cellophane bags) and add a cute label.
Bring this to you next Holiday party as a gift for the host 🙂