I came across this recipe while I was watching the foodnetwork shortly after my daughter was born. I was craving cookies and baked good liked crazy in early motherhood. And this is when I started backing my heart out. These ooey gooey cookies by Paula Dean are really really good. I gave them an “upgrade” by adding a whole molten chocolate bar to the dough… Adding the chocolate makes them even more gooey and is a great way to get rid of Easter and/or Christmas chocolates…
Plan 2 hours ahead of time as the dough will need to cool in the fridge.
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- one bar (100g) good chocolate
1. Melt the chocolate in a small pot on low heat, stirring to make sure it doesn’t become hard again.
2. Cream the cream cheese, add the butter and mix. Then add the egg and mix it all together, then add the vanilla.
3. Add the cake mix, next add the molten chocolate and blend it all together. Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC). Get your powdered sugar in a cereal bowl and the dough out of the fridge. Start rolling tablespoon sized balls between the plams of your hand (this will get sticky) then roll the ball in the powdered sugar and place it on an ungreased cookie sheet (repeat until you are out of dough).
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for a bit and move to a cooling rack.