When the thermometer hits ridiculously hot, it is time to ditch food and just stick to drinking – replenishing alcohol free liquids that is 😉 This coming weekend will have two of those days in Europe, so be prepared to make this thirst quenching drink.
A refreshing summer drink with lemonade and lavender
- juice and pulp of 3 lemons
- 1/3 of a cup of lavender infused simple syrup (recipe below)
- 700ml of water
- 1 tbsp. red syrup like strawberry or raspberry
- ice cubes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lavender blossoms
- Make the simple syrup by combining the water and sugar in a sauce pan and bringing it to a boil, dissolving the sugar and waiting for a clear liquid. Add the lavender and let cool completely, let sit for several hours and when the desired flavor of lavender is achieved, strain the blossoms from the syrup.
- In a blender crush about 1 cup of ice cubes.
- Add lemon juice and pulp, lavender syrup, water and strawberry syrup.
- Serve with a fresh lavender flower 🙂
We have a pink color and a flower in here, so if this isn’t a girly drink, I don’t know what is 😉