Oh yes, it’s on! Those are way better than actual Oreos with cream filling – promise!
Follow the recipe for the cookies we made for the double choc cookies and flatten small groups of dough (you can use a rolling pin if you want to) and then use a circle cookie cutter to shape the cookies. Bake and let them cool completely!
For the cream filling you will need: (note, this makes a LOT of filling, if you don’t want to go “double stuffed”, half the recipe):
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of shortening (Germans use Biskin or something similar)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Cream together the butter and shortning.
2. Sift the sugar and gradually add it to the mix, add the vanilla and combine until smooth.
3. Use a cake decorating pipe and bag with round tip and pipe a teaspoon sized dollop onto every second cookie.
4. Gently press the top on each “creamed” cookie and store them in a metal box (which will be empty by the end of the weekend…lol)