I read a funny article this morning about what 50 Shades of Grey can teach men about what women want, Bridgee from Littlestar Blog shared it with me. She was also the one who suggested I read this “kinky” book 😉 Anyways, here comes to worst segway in the history of blogs (worse than Nancy Pelosi’s on the Daily Show)…I have something for you today that is just as HOT and JUICY as the first part of 50 Shades – Lime and Pear Hot Sauce. Homemade. Bam! I told you it would be bad! I keep my word.
Now, just like when Anastasia was dealing with Christian, you have to take some precautions when working with hot stuff, or you will get hurt. The hot stuff being the chilli peppers of your choice (sorry no handsome billionaire for you!). Disposable kitchen gloves are a must, kitchen goggles a nice to have (but silly to look at). Habaneros will turn the smallest paper cut on your hand into hell fire. Trust me! A friend told me so 😉
So are you ready to spice up your live? Let’s get to it!
- 5 (or more) chilli peppers (I used Habaneros)
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 large ripe pears (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 (or more) cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- Cut and seed the chillies and add them together with the pears, vinegar, ginger and garlic into a food processor and blitz the mixture until liquified.
- Add the mixtures into a pot and bring it to a rolling boil, then add the pepper and lime juice.
- Let the mixture boil for about 15 minutes then transfer into small clean bottles.
If your sauce turns out very thick like mine, don’t use bottles, rather use a small canning jar.
Happy Fat Tuesday!