Move over Cronut! You think you are the only breakfast concoction that is made of two amazing things into one drool fest? Think again! World, I give you (drum roll) the Toaffle™! A mix between a French Toast and a Waffle – I know, how genius am I?! I consider selling them for 8 Euros a pop, 2 pieces per person limit and you will have to stand in line for hours to get your hands on these! I’ll be a millionaire this year! That, or I will tell you how to make your own, because really guys, I am not getting up at 4 am to make 20000 Toaffles™. So here you go, this is money!
Move over Cronut! Toaffles are the new hip thing for breakfast!
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 5 1/2 inch think slices of old white bread
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow dish, then add all other ingredients (minus the bread) and whisk again.
- Let one slice soak up enough liquid (flipping once) until it feels drenched.
- Place the soaked toast on a preheated waffle iron (middle/front), press down and cook until done (3 to 4 minutes).
- Let cool on a cooling rack and serve with powdered sugar.
- Repeat with the remaining slices.
So that is how you start 2014 with a bang!
Happy New Year!