My mother in law made a beautiful Cranberry relish for Thanksgiving. I could have eaten the whole bowl with a spoon! I tried to preserve that fresh taste and tart feeling in a jam so I could have it whenever I felt like it, even once cranberries are not in season any more. The small batch I made won’t last long, but how was I supposed to know I’d be successful at the first try. That almost never happens 🙂
This sweet and tart jam is a reminder of the Holidays all year round
- 1 organic orange (juice and zest)
- 130g of fresh cranberries (ca. 1 1/2 cups)
- 160g gelling sugar (2:1 ratio, two part fruit, one part sugar)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Rinse 2 small or one large canning jar and lid(s) with boiling water then dry.
- Add all ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Use a handheld blender to chop up the cranberries some more once they start popping open under the heat.
- Follow your gelling sugar's instructions, mine said to leave on a rolling boil for 4 minutes.
- Fill the jam into the prepared jars and close the lids tightly.
Feel free to double or triple the recipe to increase your stash – you never know when you want to feel like Christmas again.
Have a good start to your week!