This is my favorite summer, and anytime dessert. My friend Sandy from Memphis made cobbler when she stayed with us, it was the biggest mess, but the so yummy. I found that the Pioneer Woman has great recipes, her best are the one for cinnamon rolls and for cobbler. And the best, it’s easy and quick to make!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1-2 cups of berries or other fruit of your choice (peaches, blueberries, apples, strawberries, bananas)
1. Wash, cut and prep your fruit. Butter a baking dish or line a cupcake pan.
2. Melt the butter and mix it with the sugar, add flour and milk and blend together.
3. Pour dough into a 9×9 baking dish, or your prepared cupcake pan.
4. Top with fruit and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of sugar.
5. Bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 1 hour (40 minutes for the cupcake version)
Serve warm – with vanilla ice cream. Yes. You’re welcome!