I prepared these yummy breakfast treats the night before and just warmed them up in the oven the next morning- no hassle – that is what I need on a weekend morning.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F (220C) and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper so the edges are hanging over the rim of the pan.
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined and there are no lumps.
3. Pour heavy cream and milk into the mix and blend until the dough comes together.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and give it a few kneads, then pat the dough down into a thick rectangle.
5. Cut the dough into 8 equal squares and place 4 of them into your pan.
6. Press half of the chocolate chips on top of the pieces in the baking dish.
7. Place the other 4 halves on top and press the seams closed.
8. Press the rest of the chocolate chips onto the top of the dough squares.
9. Bake for 25 minutes until the top just starts turning golden.
They go really well with your morning coffee 🙂