Quick, easy and a whole lot of yum yum. Perfect for week night dinners!
- 4 chicken breasts or chicken steaks
- 1 8oz. cream cheese bar
- Italian seasoning (mix of dried basil, oregano, rosemary ect.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200g freshly grated Parmesan
- bread crumbs (I used Italian style to add more flavor)
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C and set up shop.
2. Grate the Parmesan and then start beating your meat (no pun intended), with a meat tenderizing hammer (very good if you had a rough day 😉 )
3. Cream the cream cheese with an electric mixer and blend in the parmesan.
4. Take one chicken “slice” and dip the bottom side in the butter, then dip it in bread crumbs. Place crumb side down into your baking dish.
5. With your finger spread 1/4 of the cheese mix on the top side of the chicken piece.
6. Roll it up and fixate it with a tooth pick. Repeat with the other 3 pieces of chicken.
7. Place in the preheated oven (400F/200C) and bake for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is all bubbly and the tops have browned a little.