I know, the title is a mouthful and so is this dish – a delicious mouth full I might add. And as usual, super simple! This one is for you skin lovers!
- fresh whole chicken (1.5 -2 kg)
- 100g of soft butter
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large onion
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F (220 C). Clean the chicken and pat dry.
2. Combine softened butter with the brown sugar and rub on the chicken – be generous!
3. Shove the onion up the chickens whazzu for extra flavor. Sprinkle the whole chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Place your bird onto the roasting pan (deep pan that has an inlay allowing the chicken to levitate over the liquid underneath), breast side down and pour some water into the pan. Put it in the oven for 40 minutes.
5. Take out roast, turn it over (breast side up) and add some more brown sugar butter. Clip any string or rubber bands holding the legs together, add more water to the bottom of the pan if needed. Place the chicken back in the oven for another 40 minutes (more if your bird is bigger).
6. Chicken is done when a thermometer reaches poultry safe temperature. Or if the juices run clear when you cut into it.
7. Let rest for 20 minutes and then serve it up.